Useful Links

BibleExpositors.com
Coming soon, information to help you get the most out of the world's most important book!

Teleos: Discover Your Destiny
Prayer and guidance for seeking God's will.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

God's Love

I like to play games. Sometimes I'll be told bizarre things like, "Of course you do realise that the God of the Old Testament is a very different one to the one of the New Testament." And I'll agree with them - I'll say, "Yes, I do find it fascinating that God, in the Old Testament comes out with statements like:

"Come now, let us reason together"... "Though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow. Though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool." (Isaiah ch.1 v.18) and "I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin will I remember no more" (Jeremiah ch.31 v.34).

While in the New Testament, one of Jesus' main topics of conversation was about the reality of Hell.

Trying to view the Almighty Creator and Sustainer of the universe as some form of spiritual smorgasbord - where you can choose the nice bits you want to believe in and send back the truths that you find unpalatable - is never a good idea. He refuses to be constrained by our limited perception, in fact He delights in turning such unreal worlds upside down.

Technorati Tags:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home